WHAT IS THE CHAMBER?
The Chamber of Commerce, incorporated in 1938, is a voluntary partnership of business and professional people working together to build a healthy economy and to improve the quality of life in our community.
As the Chamber works to accomplish these goals, it wears many hats: economic developer and planner; tourist information center; business spokesperson; economic counselor and teacher; government relations specialist; human resources advisor; and public relations practitioner.
The Mission of the Antioch Chamber of Commerce is to:
* Promote our community
* Advocate for businesses with government
* Grow our local businesses, and
* Encourage regional economic development and job creation.
WHO ARE THE CHAMBER’S MEMBERS?
Chamber of Commerce members are businesses, organizations and individuals concerned with the socio-economic climate of our community. They have joined together because they know they stand a better chance of getting things done when they speak as one voice.
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF THE CHAMBER?
As it works to improve our community’s economy and quality of life, the Chamber keeps these broad objectives in mind:
- To assist businesses prosper and grow
- To increase job opportunities
- To encourage an orderly expansion and development of the community
- To contribute to the overall economic stability of the community
- To encourage and promote the private enterprise system of competitive marketing